THIS IS JACINTA'S STORY... -->
average randomness of zero proportions...

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Stuck in a Moment

I finally got down to it. I submitted my application for my Master in Science (Research) program under NUS. I'm not exactly sure how I'm feeling right now. There's part excitement to a new academic chapter in my life, yet on the other hand, I'm starting to worry and get a little hesitant about what I have gotten myself into.

As a good friend said to me "Ja, you're so gonna have no life for the next 2 years at least. Better find yourself someone now!"

Ummm... ok. I not too sure what my friend was trying to get at, but it definitely dawned upon me that I'll prob be slogging away for a good part of the next few years to come. I think it all boils down to discipline effective time management. How I'm gonna do it... I'll find out for myself. I love my sports hour, chill-lax sessions and friends too much to sacrifice.

The next thing to do is keep my fingers crossed and hope I get accepted into the program as well as the company scholarship I applied for. Please, please let me get it! As for the area of research I wanna do.... I'm still in a huge delima. It's so damn tough to think of a good research study to do! Arghhh.... I'm gonna age so rapidly at this rate! Save me!

So if anyone has any great suggestions (stupid or genius) please share and enlighten me ok?


Diverting from my ramblings... just awhile ago I was at my neighbourhood coffee shop having a cup of tea with my dad when we 'sort of' witnessed an accident unfold before our eyes (i said sort of coz I didn't really see everything that happened, only saw it when it started flipping over!). Somehow, this yellow Suzuki Swift made a U-turn way too fast, mounted the curb, crashed into the opposite sidewalk curb, flipped over and landed on its roof!!!! Shit man.... during the entire process, the only words coming out of my mouth were 'shit, shit, shit...oh my God!

What was worst... 2 patrons at the coffee shop immediately sprinted to the scene and opened the passenger side door and pulled out a little girl (prob around 3 yrs of age). They also managed to help the female driver out. Thankfully no one was hurt. Can't imagine how traumatising it was for the both of them.

As usual the typical Singaporean crowd gathered to provide eye power... but I was highly impressed with the 2 guys that literally sprinted at lightning speed to the scene to help. They were just eating, minding their own business... saw what happened, went to help and after the civil defence and ambulance came, sat back down at their seats to finish their meal. I'm glad there are such responsive people around who respond to such situations. It's comforting and reassuring.

Closed her eyes at |12:44 AM|

+ + + + +




(0) comments

Hollar Back ya All: Post a Comment