THIS IS JACINTA'S STORY... -->
average randomness of zero proportions...

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Touch you there!

The Touch Trio

It's 2009 already!!! Can't believe we've entered into a brand new year.

As with the typical excuse... my blog's been kinda dormant of late due to work and that alike. Despite my busy schedule, I'm glad to be able to make the effort and find time to squeeze in some sporting hour and chillout sessions.

I think one of the main highlights that I've always been wanting to blog about is the success of our Touch Rugby sessions. What started out as a gathering of 6-8 touch rugby enthusiast has now grown into a so-called 'club' if I might call it. It's pretty amazing shit! Hahaha! We even have a club name - Turducken Greens Touch Rugby Club! Don't ask me how this name came about. It's wonderful to see so many people willing to learn and who bother to wake up early every Saturday morning just to make their way down to good ol' Bishan Park for 2-3 hours of touching fun! The group has just been growing... u know... friends bringing their friends, spreading about via word of mouth and by the most awesome creation ever - Facebook! It's amazing how connected people are thru this medium! Wish I was smart enough to invent such stuff! I'll be a millionaire! Then I'll use the money to build our fantasy underground touch rugby stadium in Bishan Park! Hahha (ok, this is an inside joke only the touch ruggers will know).

The group when we started off



When we first played at Bishan Park - our current homeground!

After our Christmas Touch Rugby Session

Well, I must add that the weekly sessions has definitely improved alot of our skills. Having Laremy around has also been a huge plus plus... the current coach of the NIE touch team, he sometimes incorporates short drill time sessions which I think really help in the technical aspect. So much for recreational team hey??? We get a good mix.... several more experienced ex-rugby players, some who have played touch for several years, other touch fanatics and people who are willing to pick up a new sport. Intensity varies... but trust me on getting a good workout by the end of the 2.5 hrs. Got to know alot of new people which is good too. My entire Saturday mornings and afternoon literally just go by like that.





I think the max turnout we ever had was about 23 players. So much so that we had to create 3 teams and play round robin format. Best session to date - our Christmas touch rugby session...that was hell fun. With everyone dressed up in X'mas colours, girls and guys with green and red ribbons tied to themselves. The crazy trio of Chels, Joyce and Me in our red and white soccer socks! hahaha... one of the more memorable sessions that will go down with me. I think the group currently just enjoys the 'recreational' aspect of the sessions, don't think we've compete in any league that soon either. But u never know, we might one day when we feel that we're ready. Watch out!


Just for interest sake, check out these links below:

Turducken Greens Touch Rugby Club (Facebook)

Turducken Greens Touch Rugby Club (Blog)

Touch You There (A site for Touch Rugby enthusiasts in Singapore)


Closed her eyes at |8:20 PM|

+ + + + +




(0) comments

Hollar Back ya All: Post a Comment