THIS IS JACINTA'S STORY... -->
average randomness of zero proportions...

Monday, September 21, 2009

Broken Down



Only 25 years old and I'm already breaking down in all the wrong places....

First it was the ankles which over the course of many repeated sprains is now pretty much busted.

Then, there was the torn calf muscle which left me immobile for about 2 weeks.

Had a pretty bad lower back (L4, L5 and S1) problem about 4 years back - acute facet joint dysfunction, which with the help of physiotherapy got me back into action only after 4 months +

and apart from the other random injuries sustained....

.... I'm back to being pretty much immobile again - with a sprained lower back that is!

Not sure how it got aggravated, but was playing touch rugby on Saturday and somehow I probably landed in a damn awkward position when I was going for a try. The pain got progressively worse through the day and now it freaking hurts just to change positions like getting up from the chair bed, bending down or even sneezing...etc. My range of motion has been narrowed down to possibly a pathetic 10 degree of flexion and hyperextension of my back.

Doesn't help that today's Hari Raya and Monday is a public holiday. No freaking sinseh/chinese physician is open! I'm trying to avoid pain killers or muscle relaxants, but the thought of it sure is tempting just to relief myself of the pain. I have to say my threshold for pain is pretty high.... so when I say I'm contemplating pain killers, you kinda get the rough picture right? Wonder if back pains in the late stage of pregnancy is as bad as this? I hope not!

Crap now my training plan is gonna get screwed up big time. How to run and train for half marathon? Dammit!

Any good chinese sinseh to recommend???

Closed her eyes at |2:36 AM|

+ + + + +




(3) comments

Hollar Back ya All:
dudette, are you alright????
 
Hey... yea I'm quite alright, I think. Hahaha.

Doc says I sprained my spinal ligament around my lower lumbar area. I'm not too sure how i got it but definitely some point in time when i was playing touch on sat. Sucks big time coz now I have to lay off training for awhile... that's not good for me coz it's like a drug...will get withdrawal symptoms one! Sigh.

And I'm supposed to be maintaining my training for half marathin for stand chart... :( everything's goin down the drain man. stamina sure drop.
 
ooh man... u kena your lumbar curve. that's bad. I once too had a sharp pain in my back and lost my vision for a while and blacked out on the gym floor...


luckily mine took me a week to recover...


rest well Jac (ma no nu!)
 
Post a Comment